*Updated March 26, 2020*
ATTENTION CLIENTS OF NORTHSIDE PET HOSPITAL
With all the current events going on with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are making a few changes for the safety of our staff, clients, and patients. Our goal is to keep everyone healthy while continuing to provide services to our patients with minimal exposure and adhering to the social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC and the government agencies. At this time, we will continue with our regular business hours but restrict access to the inside of the clinic to EMPLOYEES ONLY. We will be following the modifications listed below that will be implemented starting Monday, March 23, 2020. This will stay in place until further notice. PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK.
- We are happy to announce that we will be re-opening our boarding kennels again as of 3/25/20, to our established clients and patients only. We know that even though vacations and travel have been limited or canceled, certain circumstances may arise where you will need a safe place to take your beloved pet. Please see our Boarding Policy.
- Temporary Modifications during the pandemic: - We ask that you refrain from bringing along personal items that may not be easily sanitized. We have plenty of fluffy blankets for our boarders to sleep on. The items we are prohibiting are: Beds, Blankets and any type of fabric toys.
- Day Boarding will remain suspended at this time. - Scheduling, dropping off and picking up will also be done via the "Car-Side" procedures.
Car-side Appointments: (Cats and exotics must be in a carrier)
In effort to stay compliant with Gov. Tony Ever's "Safer at Home" Order issued 3/24/20, we will continue to carry out the "Car-Side Appointments" policy as outlined in our previous emails, and we are implementing some restrictions on "non-essential" visits. This means if it is not medically needed, it should be post-poned until the "Safer at Home" order is lifted.
Examples of services that are NOT medically needed: Nail Trims (unless there is a broken one that is painful and/or bleeding), Grooming (unless extensive matting is causing an issue with rashes, or preventing normal urination/defecation), Wellness Exams (unless needed for essential medications or to receive a Rabies vaccination), and optional vaccinations.
We will continue with "core vaccine" appointments along with appointments for any medical problems. It is important to finish puppy and kitten vaccine series, and keep our adult pets current on Rabies vaccinations.
If you have questions as to whether or not something can wait until the "Safer at Home" order is lifted, please call us and we will be glad to advise you! 715-835-0761
- When arriving to the clinic, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR and call the clinic at 715-835-0761 to get checked in with one of our staff members. They will put you on a brief hold to speak to one of our technicians who will get details of the appointment for the doctor.
- While speaking with a technician, they will obtain your vehicle information and then come out to retrieve your pet. We ask that you do your best to maintain the 6 foot space for “social distancing” as best as you can. The technician will bring your pet (only your pet) into the clinic for the doctor to examine and form a treatment plan based on the details obtained and the findings of their exam.
- Once the doctor has created a tentative plan, they will CALL you on the cell phone number provided to discuss their exam findings and go over any testing and treatment options that may be recommended.
- A technician may (if needed) come out with the decided on treatment plan for you to view and sign if agreed upon.
- If applicable, the doctor will call you once testing is performed to discuss the results. Once completed, you will be forwarded to one of our staff members to take payment over the phone. (Other forms of payment are accepted and you will be instructed on how to proceed at that point).
- Your pet will then be brought back out to you along with any medications and the invoice for your visit.
Surgical and Drop-off Appointments:
- Paperwork and treatment plans will be emailed or mailed to you prior to the appointment. Please have it filled out and bring it with when you drop off your pet.
- Call the clinic at 715-835-0761 when you arrive the morning of your appointment. A staff member will go over the information with you and take the low end of the treatment plan as a deposit over the phone.
- A technician will come out to your car to retrieve your pet.
- Be sure to leave a good phone number (or 2) where we can reach you during the day.
- You will be given pick up instructions when a staff member calls following the appointment or procedure completion.
Medication or Diet pick-up:
- Please call ahead for any refills of medications or food that you may need.
- Once you arrive to the clinic, call 715-835-0761 to let a staff member know you are here. They will take payment over the phone, and then bring the item/s out to you.
- Consider utilizing our online pharmacy for your medication and prescription diet refills. A link to our Online Pharmacy can be found on our website.
Please be patient with us during this transition, it may take longer for us to carry out our appointments with this protocol. Know that we care about the safety of our clients, our staff, and their families as well as being able to continue to provide the care our patients (your pets) may need.
We are watching the updated information pertaining to this pandemic and will make changes to these modifications as needed. We will do our best to keep you updated along the way! Follow us on Facebook, check our website frequently, or keep a current email address on file with us to make communication easier.
While we routinely clean and disinfect on a regular basis, we have stepped up our sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces and our staff is washing their hands before and after each appointment and as needed in between. If you have any questions, please call the clinic and one of our staff members will help you.
Thank you for helping us keep the humans as safe as possible!
-The staff at Northside Pet Hospital
Welcome to Northside Pet Hospital Your Veterinary Clinic in Eau Claire WI
Pet Emergency? Call us right away at 715-835-0761!
Northside Pet Hospital is a full-service veterinary medical facility, that offers boarding services to our established clients. The professional and courteous staff at Northside Pet Hospital seek to provide the best possible medical, surgical, and dental care for their highly-valued patients.
We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients. Northside Pet Hospital strives to offer excellence in veterinary care to Eau Claire, WI and surrounding areas.
Please take a moment to contact us today, to learn more about our veterinary practice and to find out more information about how Northside Pet Hospital can serve the needs of you and your cherished pet.
At Northside Pet Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
Eau Claire Veterinarian | Northside Pet Hospital | 715-835-0761
1727 Western Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54703